Unfortunately, joint pain is extremely common and is usually the result of arthritis or an injury. Here are just a handful of things you can do for joint care.
1) Maintain a healthy weight & diet
If you’re overweight, you are more prone to joint pain, this is simply because of the additional stress on your weight-bearing joints. Try to lead a healthy lifestyle and maintain a balanced diet. If you can, why not include oily fish such as salmon, sardines or mackerel in your weekly shop, these are rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and have been known to reduce inflammation and potentially lower the risk of arthritis helping with joint care.
2) Incorporate exercise into your lifestyle
3) Don’t ignore an injury!
4) Keep moving
It may sound obvious but if you’re staying in one position continually – albeit standing or sitting – your joints will stiffen. The recommendation would be to move about and/or have a stretch every 15 minutes or so.
If you’re queuing or in a position where you need to stand for an extended period of time, do your best to spread the weight evenly so you’re not putting unnecessary pressure on your hips, knees or lower back.
5) Try a joint supplement
- Vitamin C – to contribute to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage
- Vegan Vitamin D (derived from algae) – to contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
- Curcumax® (a natural Turmeric Extract) – to support management of inflammatory responses in the body
- Piperine – enables the body to absorb a much higher quantity of these nutrients.